Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
Benefits of Seeing a Pediatric Dentist
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with our chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Build a Positive Impression of Dentists
Along with providing proper dental care, we strive to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, we spend more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. We can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, we can help the parents ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Family Dental Terminology
Helpful Related Links
About our business and website security
- Plunkett & Chaw Dental was established in 1978.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: DeKalb County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Chamblee, Doraville, Roswell, Atlanta, Stone Mountain, Decatur, Perimeter, Lithonia, Clarkston, Avondale Estates and Brookhaven
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details